Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You'll know when you find it.


It suddenly hit me yesterday like a Mack Truck, I no longer like my job(GASP), there I said out loud and proud. It's actually quite hard to say.

I don't even really know when it happened but I actually realized it yesterday. It came at me like a tidal wave of depression. It saddens me, I was once proud of my job and elated to tell people what I do. 

Since the first of the year there has been a lot of changes, my boss and mentor was moved to an office out of state, they eliminated my department but somehow I survived. I was proud of that, I felt accomplished and needed. 

I was moved to a role that didn't have importance or growth, at least to me. I have been hearing from everyone that they are happy I stayed and I am good in my new role. A little back story and I apologize if I am rambling, a new position was created for me and I gave myself a pat on the back for that. And then they fired someone else and I had to fill in there for the time being. Well the time being has now been made my permanent position, I was forced into a job I didn't even want or choose unemployment.

Even when someone compliments you on how great you are at your job doesn't mean you like it. There is just an empty, hollow feeling there. In the past six months, I feel like I have learned all there is to this job, which is just plan sad. I have felt that way three months into and then I started asking other departments if they needed help with things, just so I wasn't bored to death. It was fulfilling helping out where needed. Until I wasn't getting credit, noticed or thanked for my extra efforts.

So here is where I am at, stick it out for the remainder of the year in this position or do I dive in to the scary world of looking for another job? One that makes me happy, accomplished and I am passionate about.

Thanks for listening to my rant!



No comments:

Post a Comment