Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Acute case of FOMO


Hello Lovelies, did you miss me?

Sorry for the absence, I had a little staycation with friends and family. Monday and Tuesday I spent with my Mom and she is all about the family time and a need for the disconnect. She's just old school. I understand she just wants uninterrupted time and I can jive. But with two days of little to now internet use and I am suffering from a severe case of FOMO(fear of missing out) with undertones of PVB(post vacation blues). 

I think the moment I got home I dove into the internet like never before, just drooling of over my BlogLovin', Twitter, Instagram and Facebook feed. I had nearly two days to catch up on. I was in panic. I felt like I had missed out on my window to like, RT and comment on things because far too much time had passed. I was no longer in the know and didn't want to be 'that' kid, if you know what I mean?

Then I remember this article I had read. I think that it applies to more than just Instagram but social media in general. I have had this convo with my bestie on more than on occasion. 

As you scroll through other's live via IG and FB you get green with envy of this person's vacation or so and so's new pair of killer heels. Is the grass really greener? I mean if I take a look at my IG of FB feed, I guess my life looks pretty peachy too. Do people envy my life?

Of course when you put up the good pics and not the thirty outtakes it took to get just that perfect one, or the day I forgot to put on mascara and had boogers on my pants. No one wants to see that, nor did I share that. Gasp, that would make me human!

So while I sit there and think I and think I am missing out, I got to spend unconnected, uninterrupted with my Mom and little guy. That trade off is pretty priceless and wouldn't trade it for the world.

So before I get all jealous and envious maybe and should just sit, relax and water my own grass. I realized that I have already done some pretty amazing things this summer with plenty more to come. 

Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses. 

Happy Humpday, Lovelies!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! I go through this whole cycle when we vacation, too. And I get post-vacation blues BAD. I love the idea of watering your grass. Perfect description.

    ReplyDelete